Two years have passed since the Order of Truth has fallen at the hands of the Divine Brotherhood, and Lord William and Lady Alcinia have started a new chapter in their lives as husband and wife.
The blissful happiness quickly fades as Lord William finds a traitor among his own men, exposing Turin’s military secrets to the Milanese who wish to take control of the city.
Completely on edge and not sure he can trust anyone, Lord William also soon discovers that Alcinia has disappeared after being reunited with a ghost from her past who wishes to steal her heart away.
And the only way to get her back is to work with his enemy…
Questions for Discussion
The Betrayal Discussion Questions
- Have you had anyone ‘resurrect’ themselves from your past? How did you feel upon seeing them again?
- Lord William and his men are dealing with sensitive government information and do not want to bring it to the public’s attention for fear of chaos. Do you think our government withholds information from us today? If you believe so, what types of things do you think they are hiding from the general public?
- Alcinia is once again in a position where she needs to gather sensitive information. Do you think you would be a good spy? Why or why not?
- The stress that Lord William falls under causes him to act irrationally until a friend reminds him that sometimes we need to stop and take a step back a moment to see the possible repercussions of our actions. Who has helped you through rough times, and how did it change your way of viewing a difficult situation?
- Have you ever been betrayed by someone you loved? What did it feel like and how did you deal with it?
- After reading, is there a character or situation that you can identify with? How?
- Were there any particular quotes that stood out to you? Why?
- If you could ask the author a question, what would it be? (I will be willing to accept emails to actually answer these! You can send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Would you have changed anything in the story? If so, what would it be and why?
- After reading both “The Bard” and “The Betrayal,” which character would you like to meet? Why?